Injection Mold Maintenance Technician
Duties and Responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining production machinery and equipment including molding machines, punch presses, and automated assemblers and liners. Under minimum supervision they must be able to troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on production equipment and various building systems.
They need to possess strong experiences with the application of electrical, mechanical, and electronic theories and the skills to test, modify, maintain, and repair equipment and processes as needed.
Support production operations for all maintenance requirements, including hydraulic, mechanical, and pneumatic systems as scheduled for molding machines, punch presses, and automated assemblers.
Troubleshoot and maintain all plant equipment through the application of sound troubleshooting
techniques and efficient repair methodology
Work from available drawing and equipment specifications and schematics
Perform preventive, predictive and routing inspection maintenance.
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Must be able to stand or walk on concrete for a long period of time, lift up 50lbs, and ability
to climb ladders
Represent and promote Rieke in the community in a positive and professional manner
3-5 years experience with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting techniques
Two year Technical Degree Preferred
A strong electrical / mechanical analytical problem solving ability
Working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic & electrical schematics
Experience in high volume industrial manufacturing environment. our paragraph here.
Industrial Maintenance Technician
Mechanical Field Service Technician
Primary duties include, but are not limited to; the safe installation, removal, maintenance and/or repair of various kinds of electrical and/or mechanical equipment e.g. AC and/or DC motors, generators, pumps, blowers, gear boxes, housings, motor drives, etc. Involves testing, measurement & data collection, diagnostic trouble shooting, and failure analysis and proper use of testing and measuring equipment. Requires work at multiple customer locations, overtime as needed, rotating 24/7 call availability.
· Performs the safe equipment installation, removal, maintenance and/or repair as specified in the customer order.
· Includes the use of tools, measurement & test equipment as dictated by the specific equipment and situation.
· Records testing information on applicable forms.
· If necessary, determines and documents cause of failure.
· If necessary, advises supervisor or Field Service Coordinator of additional materials and/or parts required to complete the job.
· Performs and documents final testing and/or measurements.
· Returns all completed job cards, initial & final measurement & test documentation, photos, etc. to the Field Service office.
· Operates appropriate equipment safely and competently to perform job,
· Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned and/or required to support the company’s goals and objectives
High School Diploma or the Equivalent. A Certificate or Associates Degree in an electrical / mechanical related field preferred; 3+ years of experience in electrical / mechanical repair or servicing industry or combination of completion of an accredited EASA or military or vocational training program and work experience.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to understand and carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
· Ability to problem solve in non-standardized situations.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to relate and interact with associates at all levels
· Ability to become knowledgeable of all facets of the company, including technical aspects
· Must demonstrate basic verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Must be able to maintain a high sense of urgency to meet project deadlines
· Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.